Monday, September 21, 2009

mewithoutYou- I Never Said That I Was Brave

I Never Said That I Was Brave is the second release from the Philadelphia based experimental indie rock band mewithoutYou. The five song ep shows the band sounding incredibly raw and hard compared to their later releases. The music is more aggressive and singer Aaron Weiss screams, instead of his usual singing/speaking methods. Three of the songs on the ep were rerecorded and for later albums (two for [A to B] Life and one for Catch for Us the Foxes). To be completely honest, I prefer their later albums much more to this one (especially [A to B] Life). That's not to say this one isn't good, because it is, but it just doesn't compare to any of their full lengths. It's pretty interesting to see how far this band has progressed from album to album and it all started here. Their latest album It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All a Dream! It's Alright is amazing and highly recommended.

Link
Website
Track Listing:
1. I Never Said That I Was Brave
2. Flamethrower
3. Dying is Strange and Hard
4. We Know Who Our Enemies Are
5. Four Word Letter

No comments:

Post a Comment