Friday, September 18, 2009

Brother Ali- "Us" + "Tight Rope"

Brother Ali's The Undisputed Truth is probably my favorite rap record of all time (though Atmosphere's God Loves Ugly is up there too). His new record, US, comes out on Tuesday but has already leaked. No, I'm not giving you the link to the album find it yourself or be a good person and buy it. Instead here are the links to two tracks on the album, one of which Rhymesayers has up for free, and the other one I upped. As far as the album goes I'm a little disappointed. It's definitely not as aggressive and The Undisputed Truth was but maybe it will grow on me. The tracks themselves are solid and the lyrics are great as usual. The album has a sort of retro, 1920s feel to it which is different but in a good way. I don't know, I'm still undecided.

Myspace

"Us"
"Tight Rope"

No comments:

Post a Comment