Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Motion City Soundtrack- Kids For America


This is the debut EP from synth/pop-punkers Motion City Soundtrack. Kids For America features early versions of two songs from MCS's first full length I AM the Movie ("Cambridge" and "1000 Paper Cranes"). I really like this EP a lot more than their latest album (I could never really get into it). I think it's because the EP has so much less gloss and is so much more raw than Even If It Kills Me. Oh well, maybe I'm just mad because they left behind their Get Up Kids influenced sound and just went for straight up pop. If you don't have I Am the Movie or Commit This To Memory (who doesn't?) you should get a copy of each and even a copy of the new album. If you ever have a chance to see this band live, do it because they're awesome. Seriously.

Link
Myspace
Track Listing:
1. Cambridge
2. Bomb Pops
3. Intersection
4. Sunday Warning
5. 4th of December
6. 1000 Paper Cranes

No comments:

Post a Comment