Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Brand New- Live At Southside Festival

Jesse Lacey may be the most annoying front man of the indie/punk/altrock/whatever music scene. Don't get me wrong, because I love Brand New's music to death, but there's something about the way he carries himself that makes me want to dropkick his perfectly gelled head off a cliff. The other attributing factor to this "problem" I have with him is the way he performs live. He's so whiny and squeaky one minute and the next he sings perfectly in tune. I know it's supposed to add to the performance because it's him being emotional, but it just ends up pissing me off. With that being said this is one of the better Brand New bootlegs, especially since it was recorded through the soundboard. If you're a Brand New fan then you should definitely check this out because the band only has a handful of legit bootlegs. Also they play a few songs from their new album that sound pretty good. I know this was circulating in a bunch of different (shitty) formats, for the one I just upped all of the songs are separated and there's no password, so there should be no problems.

Link
Myspace
Track Listing:
1. You Won't Know
2. Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades
3. Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't
4. The Shower Scene
5. Sowing Season
6. The Archer's Bows Are Broken
7. Millstone
8. Bought A Bride
9. Jaws Theme Swimming
10. Jesus
11. Gasoline
12. Degausser

No comments:

Post a Comment