Friday, July 10, 2009

The Gaslight Anthem- Biz Acoustic Sessions

Sorry for the lack of posts lately but I'm coming back with a vengeance (I promise). Hiroki over at bsidesrus was kind enough to up this Gaslight Anthem acoustic session (one of many that they have done since the release of their amazing The '59 Sound). The session is just Brian and his guitar playing two songs off of The '59 Sound along with a cover. The two album tracks are great as usual (although I do prefer the Alternative Press acoustic sessions to this one). The real gem here is the cover of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah," a song that has been covered many-a-time (Shrek soundtrack anyone?) but Brian still manages make it fresh and play it delicately, and with plenty of emotion. The Gaslight Anthem have covered quite a few songs from Kelly Clarkson to Bruce Springsteen but this one just moved to the top of my favorite list of their covers (my number one favorite being their cover of the Replacements' "Left of the Dial"). One day I'll share all of my Gaslight rarities but for now this will have to hold you over.

Link
Website
Track Listing:
1. Great Expectations
2. The '59 Sound
3. Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen Cover)

1 comment:

  1. Very soon this site will be famous amid all blogging and site-building people, due
    to it's nice articles

    my web site ... en.wikipedia.org ()

    ReplyDelete