Friday, July 10, 2009

Kevin Devine- The '07 Tour EP


This ep was only sold on his 2007 tour with Brand New and Manchester Orchestra (dear god what a line up). The seven song ep is compiled of mostly covers (five out of the 7 songs are covers) but with that said every single one of the covers is amazing. My personal favorites are the Elliot Smith cover ("Whatever (Some Folk Song in C)") and the Neutral Milk Hotel cover ("Holland, 1945"). Along with the covers there is a different version of the song "Wolf's Mouth" from his album Make the Clocks Move that is equally as good as the album version if not better. There is also an acoustic version of the song "You'll Only End Up Joining Them" from Put Your Ghost to Rest that is good but not as good as the album. I have always been a little bit undecided on how I feel about Kevin Devine's music and it's because I can't really get into his slow acoustic stuff but I absolutely love any of his music that is upbeat. I highly recommend you get his latest album Brothers Blood, though, because it is a masterpiece. Seriously I can't get enough of the title track.

Link
Myspace
Track Listing:
1. Wolf's Mouth (2007 Tour EP version)
2. Whatever (Some Folk Song in C) (Elliot Smith cover)
3. Joey (Concrete Blonde cover)
4. Harvest Moon (Neil Young cover)
5. The Longer I Lay Here (Pedro The Lion cover)
6. Holland, 1945 (Neutral Milk Hotel cover)
7. You'll Only End Up Joining Them (Acoustic)

No comments:

Post a Comment