Friday, October 16, 2009

The Silent Years- The Silent Years

The Silent Years are a quirky indie band from Detroit. This is their debut album and it's full of dynamic, creative indie-pop. Think the tempo changes of Arcade Fire and the instrumentation of Pavement. The singer's voice bothered me a lot when I first started to listen to them because he over does it sometimes but I got over it. I do prefer this band when they're loud and rockin ("This Town") because the slower songs tend to drag ("Devil Got My Woman"). They released an ep earlier this year called Let Go that is their best batch of songs yet (seriously, "Taking Drugs At An Amusement Park" is so catchy). This band definitely grows on you and is well worth checking out.

Link
Myspace
Track Listing:
1. No Secrets
2. Someone To Keep Us Warm
3. This Town
4. Aisleways
5. Someday
6. Lidocaine
7. No More Magic
8. Devil Got My Woman
9. Take The Money Out
10. Sharks
11. The Devil Wears Sunshine
12. Lost At Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment